Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Stand Mixer
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Large Bowl
- Medium Bowl
- 1½ Cups unbleached all-purpose flour (Plus 3 Tbsps set aside)
- ½ Cup Melted Butter
- ¾ Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar (can be substituted with Sweetener 1:1)
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup (can also use coconut or agave)
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ⅓ tsp salt
- ¾ cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Melt butter in a pan on low heat just until melted. Transfer into a small bowl and set aside. Or melt in the microwave for approx 30-30n seconds. (If it is partially melted you can still remove the butter will continue to melt
- In your medium bowl pour in your sugar with your white and brown sugar. Beat the butter and sugars until creamy and pale in colour and sugar has dissolved. Add in the syrup, vanilla and the egg, and lightly beat until just combined
- Add in your flour, baking soda, and salt, mixing until combined. If your dough is a little thin add one tablespoon at a time of the 'extra' flour until the dough is still soft but easy to handle and firm enough to form one large ball. (You shouldn't need more than 3 tbsps
- Fold in ⅓ of the chocolate chips with your hands.
- At this point you can go straight to baking or wrap our dough in Cling Wrap and let your dough chill in the fridge for 3 hours to overnight. If you chill your dough your cookies will be golden and a little more chewy.
- Using a spoon (or cookie dough scoop) roll out a 2 inch cookie dough ball. Place on a cookie baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spacing your balls about ½ inch apart. Once you have placed all your cookie balls you can press in the remaining chocolate chips into the balls.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Just until golden on the outside. (The trick with cookies is that because the pan is hot they continue to bake once you remove them from the oven. So transfer them to a cooling tray.
- Let cookies cool for 20-30 min.